On Saturday, April 27, 2013, Syracuse University's L.C. Smith College of Engineering and Computer Science will host its annual Open House. This event will provide prospective students and their families with an in-depth look at the exciting opportunities and programs in engineering and computer science that are offered at Syracuse University.
Come spend the day with us
- Learn more about our programs
- Ask questions... get answers
- Talk to students and faculty
- Check out faculty and student research
- Guided tours of Link Hall and the Center for Science and Technology labs and facilities
- See our senior design projects
- Take a campus tour and residence hall tour
- Enjoy lunch on the Quad
*Please RSVP by Monday, April 22 if you plan to attend!
- University Avenue Parking Garage – All Open House Visitors Park Here!
- Huntington Beard Crouse (HBC) – Open House check-in location for admitted students (high school seniors & transfer students)
- Shemin Auditorium (Shaffer Art Building) – Open House check-in location for prospective student program
- Link Hall
- Center for Science & Technology
A special rate is available for Open House visitors at the following hotels, located within a short walking/driving distance from campus. Guests making reservations should refer to: Syracuse University College of Engineering and Computer Science Open House. Please note the special rate is only available until April 12, 2013.
[ Directions ]
Syracuse University is most easily reached from Interstate 81. New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) travelers should take Thruway exit 36 (for Interstate 81) and proceed south. Both northbound and southbound travelers on Interstate 81 should exit at Adams Street (Exit 18).
Southbound travelers: proceed down ramp and continue on Almond Street to Adams Street. Turn LEFT on Adams Street and continue up the hill to the third traffic light. Cross University Avenue and turn LEFT into the University Avenue Garage.
Northbound travelers: proceed down ramp and turn RIGHT onto Adams Street. Continue up the hill to the third traffic light. Cross University Avenue and turn LEFT into the University Avenue Garage.
The garage entrance is on Adams Street. The address for the University Avenue Garage is 705 University Avenue, Syracuse, NY.
From the parking garage, walk up University Avenue three blocks (passing the Sheraton Hotel on your left) to the Hall of Languages gateway. Signs to the Open House will guide you the rest of the way.
If you are flying to Syracuse, car rental is available at Syracuse's Hancock International Airport. Taxi service from the airport to campus costs approximately $30 one way. The airport is located nine miles north of the Syracuse University campus.
Amtrak train service as well as Greyhound and Megabus bus service also provide convenient transit into Syracuse's William F. Walsh Regional Transportation Center, which is located five miles north of campus.
[ Parking ]
Free parking is available in the University Avenue Garage.
If any member of your party requires special assistance, please contact us for parking and other arrangements.